Barnstorm's ultimate goal is the preservation of independent film through the nurturing of independent voices.
The future of independent film is in your hands. Let Barnstorm Fest be your guide.
You want to see your script produced. We want to make it happen. Here's how:
Step 1) Get your script where you want it be.
Our feedback is designed to help you write the script that you want to write.
Step 2) Find your script the partner it deserves.
Rather it's a producer, an advocate, a representative, or a director. We've carefully designed our prize package to help your script find the partner it needs.
Step 3) Guidance.
Barnstorm Media will continue to fight for your script. We pride ourselves on helping our finalists and participants long after the festival is complete. We continue to work with and advise our participants on how to get their script made for as long as it takes.
1. Screenplays must be in English and properly formatted according to industry standards. Scripts must be submitted as PDFs.
2. Scripts submitted to the competition must NOT have been previously optioned, purchased or produced at the time of entry. Spec scripts for existing shows and film properties are accepted.
3. Barnstorm Script Contest's decisions are final.
4. Barnstorm Script Contest divides awards equally among co-writers.
5. While updated drafts may be submitted to the competition, you must pay an additional submission fee to receive coverage for your new draft.
Barnstorm is not just a screenplay competition, its goal is to help you develop your script for production.
Every submission receives feedback from an industry professional.
One finalist from each category will receive a consulation with Coverfly's Writer Development Team.
Every finalist receives a one-on-one consultation with a producer from Barnstorm Media who can advise you on how to get your film or television show made, or, better yet, how to make it yourself. A prize that makes Barnstorm Fest the best screenwriting contest for emerging screenwriters.
One finalist from each category will receive a 4-month InkTip Pro Membership. As an InkTip Pro Member, thousands of filmmakers can find and read your scripts, and you'll be able to pitch directly to production companies every week. With over 3,000 options and 400 movies made, InkTip is the place for independent film.
All finalists receive a prize package from Script Mailer, who will email your script to over 400 of the industry's top agents, including agents at ICM, CAA and WME.
All finalists will have their screenplays pitched to the network of producers at Unsolicited Scripts.
GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE
One script, regardless of category, will receive the Grand Prize package. The package includes all prizes offered to finalists, as well as $5,000.